I have (had) installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my laptop computer (it is not my primary workstation, more experimental environment), so upgrading should be trivial. The upgrade process take about 3 hours to complete, including about 1 GB of packages download. Everything went smoothly.
At least till restart. The firs problem I noticed, was malfunctioned trackpad on login screen. After login, trackpad did not come alive but there were also graphical problems with Unity (no window borders…). I was really disappointed and I don’t have a clue what could cause these problems.
Well this is one experience but still be careful with upgrading!
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS ready for download (slashgear.com)
- Ubuntu 10.04 – 12.04 Upgrade – How Well Does it Go? (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- Ubuntu 12.04 – Precise Pangolin – Released Today (goinggnu.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS aims to conquer the enterprise desktop (canonical.com)
- Canonical Releases New LTS: Download Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin (aisjournal.com)
- The Fridge: Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) released! (fridge.ubuntu.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin hits the web, with HUD in tow (techd3viant.wordpress.com)
- Ubuntu 12.04 arrives and it’s great (zdnet.com)